[Gambas-devel] v4l2 patch for gb.v4l

Gareth Bult gareth at ...623...
Fri Feb 20 10:31:38 CET 2009

Erm, which version of Gambas is the patch against?
(SVN already has full V4L2 support ... ????)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Silvan Calarco" <silvan.calarco at ...531...>
To: "Gambas-devel" <gambas-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Friday, 20 February, 2009 3:32:01 AM GMT +00:00 GMT Britain, Ireland, Portugal
Subject: [Gambas-devel] v4l2 patch for gb.v4l

Hello.
attached is a patch I wrote for a customer who needs support for a v4l2 webcam
(it's a Logitech QuickCam 9000 Pro) in gambas.
The patch integrates the example code from v4l2 api documentation
(http://v4l2spec.bytesex.org/spec/capture-example.html) in a way that should
be backwards compatibile (v4l1). The patch is at a basic and ugly level and
only supports YUYV to BGR24 pixel format conversion (the function is taken
from libv4l though the library could be used for most pixel formats support),
but with some work it might be of wider interest so I'm posting it here.

Silvan

--
mambaSoft di Calarco Silvan
Web: http://www.mambasoft.it