[Gambas-devel] Gambas as a web server ...

Ron ron at ...572...
Fri Feb 6 11:59:00 CET 2009

Gareth Bult schreef:
> Hi,
>
> Expanding on the question I asked on Gambas-user yesterday .. what I'd
> like to do it to write an application server that is able to use
> Gambas as it's scripting Language. Given it doesn't look practical to
> do this directly given the threading issue, does anyone have any views
> / ideas about how well it would work in reverse?
>
> i.e. if I were to write a multi-threaded http-daemon in "C", is it
> likely to be practical to call Gambas within given threads to run code
> fragments which service web requests? I'm wondering whether I can use
> one thread which can be used to store and compile code with
> Eval.Compile .. then run the resulting objects in threads with
> Eval.Value ... ??
>
> Does this sound doable / practical ?
>
> tia
>
> Gareth.
>
> --
> Gareth Bult (Gareth at ...624...)
Gareth,

I'm have also interested in this topic, since this kind of scripting is
on the  todolist of my own project.
Eval is very limited I guess.

I know of misterhouse which has it's own webserver in perl which
supports threads (unix) or no threads (windows) param controlled by a
variable called fork.
Maybe it's usable, I have ported other parts of misterhouse's perl code
to gambas, which was quite easy to do, and runs very nice.
This is the code which makes up the webserver:
http://misterhouse.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/misterhouse/trunk/lib/http_server.pl?view=markup

Regards,
Ron_2nd