[Gambas-devel] gb3 menus and the item that was clicked

Kadaitcha Man nospam.nospam.nospam at ...176...
Thu Dec 31 03:44:53 CET 2009

2009/12/31 Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...>:
>> 2009/12/31 Toni <arosa at ...615...>:
>> > No worries, asking questions and replying to them (at least trying to) is
>> > a great way of learning Gambas for everyone involved ;)
>>
>> After all that, the Group property is the one to be used. For some
>> reason I get a null object if I reference Last in Action_Activate.
>> Anyway, I have it working with Group now so that's great.
>>
>> Appreciated.
>>

> Yes. Action is something completely different, that allows to centralize the
> activation of many different controls associated with the same user action.
>
> Moreover, it allows to associate and configure automatically the keyboard
> shortcuts of these actions, provided that the action is associated with a menu
> entry somewhere.
>
> I suggest you read the documentation about this class on the wiki,

I did read the doco, hence my confusion :)

I will keep a note of that confusion and if I see the text that caused
it I'll fix it.

> and look in the IDE source code.

That was my next step if I hadn't got Group working.