[Gambas-devel] Oh, good grief, it's even worse than I first thought :Re: SHOW STOPPER: GB3, sqlite3 and date fields

Kadaitcha Man nospam.nospam.nospam at ...176...
Mon Dec 14 11:44:50 CET 2009

2009/12/14 Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at ...176...>:

> no in fact the more simple is to save the date with gambas ...

I can't do that because I can't guarantee only gambas will write to
the database. For all I know an electricity consumption meter, a MKII
SCUD missile test panel, or Her Majesty's Approved Toe-nail clipping
Counter could be writing to the database. For crying out loud, what
are databases for if the solution is to make sure that some obscure
application and nothing other than some obscure application writes to
the database? And what if some other application tries to read it?
Then what?

> But it not solve the problem

No, it won't. That's why this problem is a show stopper and needs to be fixed.