[Gambas-devel] wxPython like demo discussion.

richard terry rterry at ...627...
Wed Dec 9 21:30:53 CET 2009

On Wednesday 09 December 2009 20:28:58 you wrote:
> > On Wednesday 09 December 2009 19:35:04 Kadaitcha Man wrote:
> >
> > I've not followed this debate in great detail but will make a few
> > comments.
> >
> > As someone with a lame brain, I always find documentation hard to follow
> >  and think this sample is an improvement as it seems to have everything
> >  including examples on the same page.
> >
> > Personally I've struggled for hours trying to understand some of the
> > documentation as I'm not a professional programmer nor have any formal
> > programming training, so my brain o bvioulsy dosn't 'work correctly' when
> >  it comes to intrepretting documentation.
> >
> > I think gambas is brilliant and cannot thank Benoit and all the other
> > developers enough for such a fantastic tool, that even people like myself
> >  can be productive in, as well as their almost instant response to
> > requests for improvements and bug fixes.
> >
> > The issue of  documentation has been raised often on these lists and
> > seems to be a real stumbling block for spreading the fame and place in
> > the sun that gambas should quite rightly have.
> >
> > As has been raised before on this list, together we must all have a
> >  treasure trove of code samples which could be shared if some mechanism
> >  could be found to do so.
> >
> > Also, as I've previously stated (and would be happy to contribute to) we
> >  need something like the wxPython demo, which illustrates the use of all
> >  common and more complex controls. The existing samples are a help, but
> >  need augmentation.
> >

> > Regards
> >
> > Richard
>
> A volunteer to write that demo?

I'd be happy to be involved but couldn't do the whole thing cause I'm not that
clever.

I did post on the list some time ago samples of the sort of thing I thought
was worthwhile.

Perhaps if someone started an public SVN just for the demo anyone who wanted
to could contribute to it, but someone would have to be overall co-ordinator.

Thoughts

Richard