[Gambas-devel] Well, I kept my promise

Kadaitcha Man nospam.nospam.nospam at ...176...
Wed Dec 9 14:30:15 CET 2009

2009/12/10 Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...>:
> 2009/12/9 Kadaitcha Man <gambas at ...1...>:

>> Yes or no will suffice. I'm done with trying to convince you and
>> Fabien that this a desperately needed change.
>>

> Of course you can rewrite documentation.

Now all I need is the specifications from Fabien on the hooks he needs for gb3.

> But why don't you want to do that in
> the wiki?

We've been over that. I won't do it in the wiki because the wiki is ugly.

ugly

–adjective
1. 	very unattractive or unpleasant to look at; offensive to the sense
of beauty; displeasing in appearance.
2. 	disagreeable; unpleasant; objectionable: ugly tricks; ugly discords.
3. 	morally revolting: ugly crime.
4. 	threatening trouble or danger: ugly symptoms.
5. 	mean; hostile; quarrelsome: an ugly mood; an ugly frame of mind.
6. 	(esp. of natural phenomena) unpleasant or dangerous: ugly weather;
an ugly sea.

[../../key] [/def/class].
{info
After the KeyPress...}
++Example
{code...
}
++Event Cancellation
If you stop the [/def/event] with [/lang/stopevent]...

I recommend meaning 3.

I'll tell you why I won't do it in the wiki... the wiki syntax
severely limits what can be achieved for the benefit of Gambas users.
That said, I will, most certainly, use a rigid CSS. Once the formats
are set in the CSS, they will stay set so it will not be a big issue
for Fabien to write a CSS to wiki translator because there will be no
unexpected formatting surprises to deal with.

I suggest Fabien be made responsible for getting the rewritten help
text into the wiki because he deserves to be pushed :)