[Gambas-devel] Well, I kept my promise

Kadaitcha Man nospam.nospam.nospam at ...176...
Wed Dec 9 13:30:46 CET 2009

2009/12/9 Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at ...176...>:

> So ... what i can say it's just ... do your doc... finish it ... and
> then share it to users

See? You miss the point entirely, Fabien. It is not "my doc". It is
the users' doc. Their doc. Them. The users. Those people who use your
product. You know? Remember them?

Documentation rewritten by me, in plain English, with no loss of
technical data, for your gb3 context sensitive help feature, with your
support and their direct input.

> ... we are too bad to do that and honestly i've
> not time ..to do more...

I know you don't have time, which is why I am frustrated by what I
feel is your resistance to a genuine offer of help, and resistance to
embracing new and different ideas to make Gambas better.

That is not a criticism at all. It is an echo of how I feel.

I am not going to do any rewriting of anything unless I have your
support. Do you understand that, Fabien?

"just ... do your doc... finish it ... and then share it to users" is
not what I class as support. It's the final expression of exasperation
right before you admit there is merit in the idea :)

Look, if I do anything for Gambas I want it to become part of Gambas.
Writing is what I do best. It just so happens that being a
professional developer is also in the set of things I do best.