[Gambas-devel] Well, I kept my promise

richard terry rterry at ...627...
Wed Dec 9 10:18:25 CET 2009

On Wednesday 09 December 2009 19:35:04 Kadaitcha Man wrote:

I've not followed this debate in great detail but will make a few comments.

As someone with a lame brain, I always find documentation hard to follow and
think this sample is an improvement as it seems to have everything including
examples on the same page.

Personally I've struggled for hours trying to understand some of the
documentation as I'm not a professional programmer nor have any formal
programming training, so my brain o bvioulsy dosn't 'work correctly' when it
comes to intrepretting documentation.

I think gambas is brilliant and cannot thank Benoit and all the other
developers enough for such a fantastic tool, that even people like myself can
be productive in, as well as their almost instant response to requests for
improvements and bug fixes.

The issue of  documentation has been raised often on these lists and  seems to
be a real stumbling block for spreading the fame and place in the sun that
gambas should quite rightly have.

As has been raised before on this list, together we must all have a treasure
trove of code samples which could be shared if some mechanism could be found
to do so.

Also, as I've previously stated (and would be happy to contribute to) we need
something like the wxPython demo, which illustrates the use of all common and
more complex controls. The existing samples are a help, but need augmentation.

Regards

Richard