[Gambas-devel] BUG: Form, Module and Class rename

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Dec 8 18:51:57 CET 2009

> 2009/12/8 Kadaitcha Man <nospam.nospam.nospam at ...176...>:
> > 2009/12/8 Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at ...176...>:
> >> 2009/12/8  <nospam.nospam.nospam at ...176...>:
> >>
> >> It will be set for gb3 ... i think it is not practical too :)... and
> >> gambas can be case sensitive for that .. we have just to tell him to
> >> be
> >
> > It's the same in gb3. I think you ought to tell it to rename the file
> > as it is told to. Really, it's a very time-consuming cost for a simple
> > typo - or a pubic hair caught under the left shift key.

> in fact i've read the sources and there is a problem in the way that
> the function to test the file renaming is the same as the one for add
> file... so it test if a file can be added ... but gambas is case
> insensitive for the class calling ..; the class name is the same as a
> file ...
>
> In fact the need will be to test the file existance with the knowledge
> that we are just changing it's name !
> so Project.CheckFileName need a new optional param that say we are
> just renaming ... to change the file testing way.

That's that. :-)

Just changing the case of the class file name should not be forbidden, as it
does not matter to the compiler or the interpreter.

I will note that on my TODO list.

--
Benoît Minisini