[Gambas-devel] BUG: Form, Module and Class rename

nospam.nospam.nospam at ...176... nospam.nospam.nospam at ...176...
Tue Dec 8 11:42:46 CET 2009

Charlie Reinl wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 08.12.2009, 20:02 +1100 schrieb Kadaitcha Man:
>> Renaming a form, class or module is case-insensitive. A class named
>> fred cannot be renamed Fred. The class must be renamed to, for
>> example, xfred, then it can be renamed to Fred.
>>
>> See attached image. It is not possible to rename cIdentityrecord to
>> cIdentityRecord in one step, which is a bit of a high price to pay
>> for a typographical error.
>
> unusual to Linux/Unix, all in gambas is NOT case sensitive (with some
> exception, of course, for operations with the os.

If 'gambas is NOT case sensitive (with some exception, of course, for
operations with the os" then gambas should not complain when I try to rename
the entity, now, should it?

I don't wish to be rude, Charlie, but really, I can do without the constant
apologetics. I'd rather be told outright that it is or is not a bug. That
said, I like Gambas, and I want to see it improve and become a success.
Simplistic relationships to how things do behave has no bearing on how
things should behave.

Regards.