[Gambas-devel] BUG: Major Colour Issues

Kadaitcha Man nospam.nospam.nospam at ...176...
Tue Dec 8 09:01:22 CET 2009

>From the documentation:
Color (gb.qt)
This static class defines predefined color constants, properties that
return system colors, and some useful other methods.

Also from the documentation:
Color.Background (gb.qt)
STATIC PROPERTY Background AS Integer
Returns the system default background color.

Color.Background does not return the current system background, it
always returns the same constant:

FMain.Form_Show.89: 15724527
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Background was a really ugly Belgian chocolate brown.

FMain.Form_Show.89: 15724527
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Background was a really beautiful English countryside green.

See attached image.

1) is correct.
2) is just plain wrong.
3) is just downright unreadable.

In all tests, gambas was restarted and the same results were obtained.

3) is a serious UI problem that needs to be looked at; a gambas-based
application is unusable for larger audiences unless they all have eyes
like shithouse rats and can see a solitary breadcrumb in the pitch
dark at 1000 paces.

There is no way that I can find to alter that forced colour at 3) in
Gambas, or for any kind of disabled control that displays text.

The same happens with button controls, too. No control I have tested
ever respects the system colours.

Environment is Ubuntu 9.10, Gnome, with Qt4 installed.

So, to summarise:

Problem 1: Color.Background does not return the current system
background, it always returns the same constant.

Problem 2: Disabled text is unreadable and apparently unchangeable.