[Gambas-devel] Well, I think it's a good change...

Charlie Reinl Karl.Reinl at ...16...
Wed Dec 2 11:46:39 CET 2009

Am Mittwoch, den 02.12.2009, 18:02 +1100 schrieb Kadaitcha Man:

> >> About that. Would you accept a change for G3 without it being done for G2
> >> also?
> >>

> > Of course, Gambas 3 is a development version. Unless it is a bug fix that
> > could easily backported.
>
> Ok, great. I wouldn't want to work on two versions so I'll see how I go with g3.
>
> Is there any txt anywhere that will help me setup the development
> environment properly?

Hallo nospam,

this is the place you find the IDE:
<path where gambas3 svn is freshly update>/app/src/gambas3

I wouldn't work there, because further svn updates, will trouble you!

If you copy it to the place where you want to work, pay attention ,
you'v .svn in the path and if you go Project/Properties/Versioning where
you can update directly to the svn trunk/.

If you don't want having the svn and all what came down by svn, open the
<path where gambas3 svn is freshly update>/app/src/gambas3 in the IDE
and make a "Source archive" Ctrl+Alt+A.
Which you can extract to the place you want, and that way you have
always 'a copy' if something went wrong.

Then you start as usual gambas3 and load the IDE into the IDE....thats
all.
--
Amicalement
Charlie