[Gambas-devel] Integrated Help

Robert Rowe robert.c.rowe at ...176...
Wed Mar 19 03:46:09 CET 2008

Your cache idea worked beautifully. I have the help message at the
bottom of the Property Window working. No noticeable performance loss.
Gambas is much more efficient than VB is. I need to break my VB habits
but I spend all day in VB6 & VB.net. Coming home to work in Gambas is a joy.

I still need to test it some more then I'll work on the help that will
appear in conjunction with the completion window. Lastly I'll add
options to turn it off. I think that it should default on because it is
intended to help newbies who won't initially know how to turn it on/off.
I'm designing it to be very un-intrusive also so it shouldn't affect
anyone negatively.

You mentioned that the Help Wiki has features that help with
translation. I checked the Spanish translation (I know just enough
Spanish to get myself in trouble) and it seemed to be lacking. Do we
have any translated versions of the help? The reason why I'm asking is
that I thought about adding an option to download a translated version
of the help. Maybe triggered when you change the language of the IDE.
The MHelp module could then look for this alternate copy of the help and
use it if found.

Robert Rowe