[Gambas-devel] Gambas 3 enhancements

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Jun 24 18:37:46 CEST 2008

On mardi 24 juin 2008, David Villalobos Cambronero wrote:
> Hi Benoit and All:
>
> I made some enhancements (or at least I think so) to the Gambas 3 IDE, I'm
> asking you for permission to apply them, here is a explanation:
>
> 1. Add a contextual menu to the FWelcome and FOpenProject to clear the
> history.

A contextual menu with only one entry? No, thanks. Why do you need to clear
the history while opening a project?

> 2. Add a warning message in FCommit when the user exceed the
> maximum quantity of character per line (76 standardized by Benoit). 3. Add
> basic highlight for ChanLog (NEW, OPT, BUG) in FCommit.

2 & 3 are not really a good idea, because they use a convention that exists
only for the Gambas project.

But you can implement some sort of automatic word wrapping at a defined line
length that the user would enter directly in the FCommit dialog box. The word
wrap would be done when clicking on the commit button, or with a dedicated
button.

> 4. Add a toolbutton in FCommit to clear the editor contents.

OK for that.