[Gambas-devel] Compiling gambas2 in Opensuse Build Server

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Jun 14 23:42:51 CEST 2008

On samedi 14 juin 2008, Guillermo Ballester Valor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As some of you know, I build gambas2 rpms using Opensuse Build Server
> (OBS). Since a few days ago, the rpms for latest 'opensuse 11.0' and
> 'opensuse factory' cannot be built because a extrange problem.
>
> After the rpm package is built in OBS, a program called 'rpmlint' inspect
> carefully a lot of things in the recent built rpm. If the 'badness' is over
> a threshold then the rpms are rejected.
>
> The problem here is that there is a lot of files in the examples tree
> directories (all in '.gambas' subdirectories) which references to the
> complete path of files at compile time, and of course wrong path when
> installed. And rpmlint says this is a bad thing,  and add 10000 points of
> badness every time it find these files.  As a result the rpms are over
> threshold and failed. :(
>
> Any hint to avoid this?. Are necessary all these files under '.gambas'
> directory?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Guillermo

The .gambas directory is the result of the compilation of the project. The
contents is a list of bytecode files, one for each class file.

How can these binary files reference anything? Or I didn't understand what you
wrote.