[Gambas-devel] 64 bits branch merge done

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jan 18 16:57:50 CET 2008

On vendredi 18 janvier 2008, Daniel Campos wrote:
> Hi Benoit:
>
> Now that you're using a backend for external calls, could you
> consideer adding support for C structures handling? I had this feature
> in my old gb.api component from which you extracted the original API
> code, and now with gambas alone It's difficult to manage external
> calls when you have to fill or read values from structures passed to
> functions, i think this could be quite interesting for many people -
> or If you have documentation about that backend and you want the
> structure support in an external component, I can do that, and I would
> like add support for callbacks too, which are quite used in libraries.
>
> So far I found not information about libffi in Google... :-(
>
> Daniel

If you type "libffi" in google, the first answer is the project home site.
There is no documentation about libffi, you must look into a sparse README
file and into the source code.

But the problem is not libffi, but Gambas there! I don't know yet how to make
support for structures and callbacks, but I will think about it. It will need
a lot of work.