[Gambas-devel] 64bit autoconf requirement

Ron ron at ...572...
Fri Jan 18 08:48:14 CET 2008

Benoit Minisini schreef:
> On dimanche 13 janvier 2008, Ron wrote:
>
>> Hi Benoit,
>>
>> The 64bits gambas  trunk uses a different autoconf as the 32bits version
>> does.
>> It needs 2.61 to support the no-recursive flag, CentOS 5.1 and RedHat
>> RHEL5 still have 2.59-12, this means gambas cannot be compiled on those
>> platforms
>> without installing an unsupported package.
>>
>> Otherwise you get this error while running ./reconf
>> /usr/bin/autoreconf: unrecognized option `--no-recursive'
>>

> I removed the use of this option.
>

>> I have:
>> [root at ...573... 64bits]# yum list installed|grep autoconf
>> autoconf.noarch                          2.59-12
>> installed
>>
>> I then compiled and installed autoconf 2.61 manually to be able to
>> provide you with debug info for gambas 64 bits.
>> Would be nice if the final release uses the old autoconf again to
>> prevent compilation problems (if possible)
>>

> What prevents you from upgrading your OS?

Strangely enough my OS is uptodate CentOS 5.1 is the latest with all
updates, I have no idea why they stick to the old version of autoconf.

I'm going to move to Fedora Core 8 64bits, more suited for Desktop use.

> [...]
>> checking for pgf77... no
>> checking for cf77... no
>> checking for fort77... no
>> checking for fl32... no
>> checking for af77... no
>> checking for xlf90... no
>> checking for f90... no
>> checking for pgf90... no
>> checking for pghpf... no
>> checking for epcf90... no
>> checking for gfortran... no
>> checking for g95... no
>> checking for xlf95... no
>> checking for f95... no
>> checking for fort... no
>> checking for ifort... no
>> checking for ifc... no
>> checking for efc... no
>> checking for pgf95... no
>> checking for lf95... no
>> checking for ftn... no
>> checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no
>> checking whether  accepts -g... no
>> checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 98304
>> checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
>> checking for objdir... .libs
>> checking for ar... ar
>> checking for ranlib... ranlib
>> checking for strip... strip
>> checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
>> checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
>> checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
>> checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
>> checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
>> checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports
>> shared libraries... yes
>> checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
>> checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
>> checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
>> checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
>> checking for shl_load... no
>> checking for shl_load in -ldld... no
>> checking for dlopen... no
>> checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
>> checking whether a program can dlopen itself... yes
>> checking whether a statically linked program can dlopen itself... no
>> checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
>> checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
>> checking whether to build static libraries... no
>> configure: creating libtool
>> appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
>> appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
>> checking for X... libraries /usr/lib64, headers
>> checking whether -R must be followed by a space... neither works
>> checking for gethostbyname... yes
>> checking for connect... yes
>> checking for remove... yes
>> checking for shmat... yes
>> checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
>> ./configure: line 21896: syntax error near unexpected token `1.2.8,'
>> ./configure: line 21896: `GB_PATH_SDL(1.2.8, , touch DISABLED)'
>> configure: error: ./configure failed for gb.sdl
>> ---------- cut -------------
>>
>> Any idea? Or local problem...
>>

> Not really, maybe Laurent. Did you install all needed SDL development

I'm unsure of all the requirements where met, but if not, configure
should only say ' Not installing....sdl component'
Now it seems as if it detected it 50%.

If I remove this line the compile goes on:

./configure: line 21896: `GB_PATH_SDL(1.2.8, , touch DISABLED)'

But, like I said, i'm installing another more desktop aware OS this weekend.

Regards,
Ron.