[Gambas-devel] GPL related question

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Mon Aug 25 14:14:27 CEST 2008

On Monday 25 August 2008 06:26, Ron wrote:
> I want to release the code of my program written in Gambas.
> Can I choose a different version of GPL (for example v3) than the one
> that Gambas uses?

You can release projects written in Gambas with any license, even a
proprietary one; it's the libraries that you link against (using Gambas
components) that may complicate things for you.  For example, as of last
fall, Qt was GPLv2-only (or QPL, but that's not really compatible with much
of anything.)

Recent versions appear to be compatible with both v2 and v3, but I'd check the
status of any libraries you're linking against before distributing your
GPLv3-licensed program.

Rob