[Gambas-devel] [Gambas-user] Release of Gambas 2.8

Guillermo Ballester Valor gbv at ...580...
Fri Aug 15 21:16:06 CEST 2008

Benoit,

El Friday 15 August 2008 19:05:03 Benoit Minisini escribió:
> On vendredi 15 août 2008, Guillermo Ballester Valor wrote:
> > El Friday 15 August 2008 14:57:11 Benoit Minisini escribió:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Finally I got the time to release Gambas 2.8. This version was needed,
> > > as Gambas 2.7 crashes when compiled with gcc 4.3.
> > >
> > > The other important changes are:
> > >
> > > - When displaying a method signature, the current argument is
> > > underlined.
> > >
> > > - Spanish, French and Russian translations were updated.
> > >
> > > - IDE shortcuts of different menus should not interfere anymore.
> > >
> > > - The GTK+ component can deal with font underline and strikeout in many
> > > places.
> > >
> > > - The QT component tray icons are now visible inside Gnome or XFCE.
> >
> > Hi Benoit,
> >
> > Just now I've built the openSUSE 2.8.0 rpms in OpenSUSE Build Service
> > without serious problems.
> >
> > http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/gbvalor/
> >
> > The only problem still remains is I can't build examples rpm  for
> > openSUSE
> >
> > >= 11.0 because of the presence of rpm buildroot path in some files.
> >
> > rpmlint doesn't like this :( .
> >
> > Thanks for your superb job.
> >
> > Guillermo
>
> I forgot this problem. I have just committed a patch for this (revision
> 1498). Try to see if you cannot tell rpmlint to not abort on these specific
> errors. Otherwise add this patch to your rpms. If you can't, I will make a
> 2.8.1 release for you! :-)

rpmlint in Opensuse Build Service (OBS) is out of my control. I can't dissable
this filter. I'll be out from sunday 17 till sunday 24.

You can wait some days for any other unspected problem if you prefer, or
release a new 2.8.1 ;-).

Regards,

Guillermo

Guillermo Ballester Valor