[Gambas-devel] OpenOfice integration

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Apr 23 16:06:32 CEST 2008

On mercredi 23 avril 2008, David Villalobos Cambronero wrote:
> Is that code open source, I mean the code you develop for your job?

This code is not distributed by the company, so no. But this is not very
important, as I wrote it, and I can wrote it again, or tell you how to do it.
Moreover, you can't take this code as is, it is too "Quick & dirty".

> Do you think is a good idea to make a component to deal with the the ODF?

Yes.

An open office component will have to provide the following features:

* Open a new ODF document from a template.
* Close it when it is done.
* Replace a markup by some data, dealing with the XML syntax.
* Help to insert tables easily.
* Help to insert new rows or columns into a spreadsheet easily.
* Other help methods. Only limited by your imagination!
* Run open office inside Xvfb (provided it is installed), to convert documents
to MS format or PDF.