[Gambas-devel] bug, Gambas 2.4, ListBox control contains empty line

kevinfishburne kevinfishburne at ...590...
Tue Apr 15 08:38:17 CEST 2008

> I couldn't succeed in reproducing the bug. Either it has been fixed since
2.4,
> either not. Can you send me a little project that has the bug?

I just realized the control is a ComboBox, not a ListBox. Sorry about that.
I created a test project with one form and one ComboBox and it didn't raise
an error as it does in my project. I've attached my project so you can look
at it. You may need to change two absolute path references at the beginning
of FExpenses.class. Currently they look like:

    /media/Data/Projects/Eight
Virtues/sales.eightvirtues.com/Software/Exodus/Project/Expenses.dat
    /media/Data/Projects/Eight
Virtues/sales.eightvirtues.com/Software/Exodus/Project/Expenses.dat.bak

What they need to be, but I don't know how to do, is:

    ../Expenses.dat
    ../Expenses.dat.bak

So to make things clear, you want the following basic directory structure:

    /myproject/Expenses.dat
    /myproject/Expenses.dat.bak
    /myproject/sourcecode/FMain.class, FMain.form, ...

The combobox control is on the FExpenses form and is called
ComboBox_Expense_Type. I added a new item to the list using the Insert
button, then cleared the text with the Delete key, then clicked the OK
button. Then I run the program, click the Expenses button on the main form,
and receive the error when it tries to load the FExpenses form. Removing the
empty entry from the ComboBox and running the program again fixes the crash.
I'm using gambas2, version 2.4.1-1ubuntu1 from the
http://azores.linex.org/gambas-other/ gutsy main repository.

Thanks for your help, and keep up the good work on Gambas. It's one of the
best apps for Linux, period.

-----
Kevin Fishburne, Eight Virtues
www:  http://sales.eightvirtues.com http://sales.eightvirtues.com
e-mail:  mailto:sales at ...590... sales at ...590...
phone: (770) 853-6271