[Gambas-devel] New component for Gambas

David Villalobos Cambronero david_villalobos_c at ...7...
Mon Apr 7 14:14:43 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Just for update. I almost finish the mysql Class. It implements all Data Types described in the attached File called DataTypes.txt and the following functions:

Alter/Create/Drop DataBase
Alter/Create/Drop Table
Create/Drop Index

And other MySQL functions like CharSets, Callations and Foreign Keys. I think it will be ready next weekend, so, next Monday I'll send you the example for evalutation.

I dicide to implement all MySQL data types for the following reasons:

1- Benoit: "Of course, this mapping is not bijective. Sometimes a Gambas datatype does not exist in the database system, and, more often, it is the contrary."

2- MySQL team: "For optimum storage, you should try to use the most precise type in all cases. For example, if an integer column is used for values in the range from 1 to 99999, MEDIUMINT UNSIGNED is the best type. Of the types that represent all the required values, this type uses the least amount of storage."

Maybe it is like re-invent the wheel, but "I think" is better this way.

Best Ragards

David