[Gambas-devel] How to package gb.draw

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Sep 24 21:03:13 CEST 2007

On lundi 24 septembre 2007, José Luis Redrejo wrote:
> 2007/9/24, Benoit Minisini <gambas at ...1...>:
> > On lundi 24 septembre 2007, José Luis Redrejo wrote:
> > > Hi Benoît, I'm preparing Debian packages for gambas version 1.9.51, and

> > > have doubts about where to place the internal component gb.draw. It's
> > > important in order to the packager in the ide to work, so have you
> > > taken any decision about this?
> > >
> > > Regards.
> > > José L.
> >
> > gb.draw is loaded dynamically by gb.qt and gb.gtk, so there is an
> > implicit dependency on it.
> >
> > To avoid having to manually specify this dependency in the package, I
> > think
> > gb.draw should be put in gambas2-runtime with gb.debug and gb.eval (which
> > are
> > two components that are loaded dynamically too).
>
> mmm, Can you tell me what libraries does gb.draw need from the system?.

gb.draw has no dependencies, except the mathematical library. It is an
abstraction of the drawing routines, with some algorithms. But this component
draws nothing at all by itself.

You can check the dependencies of a component by using "ldd" or by looking in
the Makefile.am file where you will find all libraries passed to the linker.