[Gambas-devel] Deb package creation broken

José Luis Redrejo jredrejo at ...176...
Tue Oct 16 19:20:54 CEST 2007

2007/10/16, Benoit Minisini <gambas at ...1...>:

> On mardi 16 octobre 2007, José Luis Redrejo wrote:
> > But with the modification you did, in the Debian part it always returns
> 0
> > instead Major & "." & Minor. Anyway,Debian packages should have a
> release
> > number.  So it is not a critical feature for you, I will re-modify the
> > debian routine to use it, even if that option is not checked.
> >
> > Regards.
> >

> I'm not sure to really understand what you said.
>
> If Debian packages should have a release number, it should be the release
> number *of the package* and not the release number *of the project*.

Right, but the only way I've found out to do  it is using the  number I got
from the changelog, if there is no available changelog , the project release
number was my only option. It would be great if you know a better way to get
it.

For example, in RPM package generation, I always use "1" as package release
> number.
>
> This is not important, as you usually make new releases of a package just
> fix the package, not the application inside.
>
> As for the version string, it is calculated before calling any specific
> package creation routine. It is stored in the $sVersion class variable.
>
> Maybe the problem comes form your use of $sPackageName. The package file
> name
> must be build by concatenating $sPackageName and $sVersion, as it is done
> in
> MakeRpmPackage().
>
> But I may be wrong, as I don't know how works the debian package
> generator...

But the problem comes from the GetDebVersion() routine you added in rev 660,
just removing it or changing its behaviour it works. My question is: do you
mind if changing its behaviour ignoring the "not using the release version
number" check? or should just add a "-0" to the release number when this
option is checked? Maybe it's a stupid question but it's because I don't
understand the reason to avoid using the release version number, specially
wether Debian package needs one.

Regards,