[Gambas-devel] Gambas packages

ron ronstk at ...124...
Thu Nov 29 10:42:22 CET 2007

On Thursday 29 November 2007 10:27, Fabien Bodard wrote:

> Is it normal that the gamas suse package and maybe others install binaries in
> the /usr/local/bin directory despite to the /usr/bin one ?

If you compile from source it was in /opt/gambas with suse 8.x/9.0
For suse 9.2 I found it indeed in /usr/local as base.

In fact as far I know /usr is for worldwide distro compiled and packaged
and /user/local used for user(root) made on his own.
This way ther wil be no conflicts between distro version and modified
user version.

Order for the executable path is /usr/local/bin;/usr/bin

So it sounds logic for me you found it there. :)

Ron