[Gambas-devel] [Gambas-dev] Installing Gambas on OS X

Rémi Thébault rtbo.mailing at ...176...
Wed Nov 28 00:17:51 CET 2007

Hi all

Firstly, I'm not sure to be on the right mailing lists so don't
hesitate to show me a better way.

I'm trying to compile Gambas2 on OSX. I have an Intel Macbook with Mac
OSX 10.5.1 (this is the last version, supposed to be 100% Unix
compatible).

the configure script seems to run normally, just indicates me that
quite a lot of components will be disabled (gb.qt included, I don't
know if it's important because the gambas interface is written in QT).
So I'm ready to enter 'make', but then :

$ make
make  all-recursive
Making all in main
make  all-recursive
Making all in libltdl
make  all-am
make[5]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
Making all in gbx
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../share    -I../libltdl   -
DGAMBAS_PATH="\"/usr/local/bin\"" -pipe -Wall -Wno-unused-value -
fvisibility=hidden -g -Os  -MT gbx2-gb_common.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/gbx2-
gb_common.Tpo -c -o gbx2-gb_common.o `test -f 'gb_common.c' || echo
'./'`gb_common.c
gb_common.c:38: error: syntax error before ‘_oldsegv’
gb_common.c:38: warning: type defaults to ‘int’ in declaration of
‘_oldsegv’
gb_common.c:38: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
gb_common.c:39: error: syntax error before ‘_oldbus’
gb_common.c:39: warning: type defaults to ‘int’ in declaration of
‘_oldbus’
gb_common.c:39: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
gb_common.c: In function ‘CHECK_enter’:
gb_common.c:59: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without
a cast
gb_common.c:60: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without
a cast
gb_common.c: In function ‘CHECK_leave’:
gb_common.c:65: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘signal’ makes pointer
from integer without a cast
gb_common.c:66: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘signal’ makes pointer
from integer without a cast
make[4]: *** [gbx2-gb_common.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

lines 38 and 39 of gb_common.c are :
static sighandler_t _oldsegv;
static sighandler_t _oldbus;

I'm wondering if the sighandler_t type has the same behaviour on OSX
than Linux because of the type defaults to ‘int’ in declaration. I am
certainly wrong, but it is as if sighandler_t was preprocessed into an
empty string. May be a #ifdef __APPLE__ .... #endif to put in some
header file.

I've never tried or learned system development (I mean with signals
etc.) so I won't go far by myself.
Does anybody see an explanation to this ?

Rémi