[Gambas-devel] Perfomance differences between gb.gtk and gb.qt components

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Nov 20 02:21:17 CET 2007

On mardi 20 novembre 2007, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On lundi 19 novembre 2007, Daniel Campos wrote:
> > Well, there are functions to watch file descriptor inide the main
> > event loop of GTK+,I will rewrite that code, but It will take a bit,
> > stay tuned...
>
> With the last revision, I get 100% CPU usage...

If I put a "return;" just to the beginning of the CWatcher::Add() function,
then I get normal CPU usage.

This function is called because my GTK+ project uses gb.form, that calls
external processes during the initialization of the Stock class, and so the
file descriptor of the processes input/output are watched.

So there is something in g_io_* functions that makes gtk_main_iteration() not
blocking after having been used, even if the GIOChannel are correctly
unreferenced, and so destroyed.