[Gambas-devel] Perfomance differences between gb.gtk and gb.qt components

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Nov 19 12:24:18 CET 2007

On lundi 19 novembre 2007, Daniel Campos wrote:
> I'm working on it...

I think the problem comes from the event loop being too active. I think
gApplication::iteration() should block while waiting for events.

The gbx2 event loop works this way: it blocks on select() while waiting for
watched file descriptors, with a timeout if a timer must be triggered.

I think the QT event loop works the same way, by watching the X11 file
descriptor to know when X events arrive.