[Gambas-devel] Some new ugly bugs using gb.gtk

José Luis Redrejo jredrejo at ...176...
Mon Nov 5 18:37:08 CET 2007

2007/11/5, Benoit Minisini <gambas at ...1...>:

> On lundi 5 novembre 2007, José Luis Redrejo wrote:
> > I continue testing gtk/qt components trying to get them as similar and
> > working perfectly prior to the 2.0 release.
> > I have attached a small project to illustrate two bugs using gtk (with
> qt
> > the same project work perfectly).
> > - To test the first bug you only have to click on the listview and see
> how
> > its content changes to ugly characters. It only happens if you use the
> > selected event of the listview object.
> > - To test the second bug you need to drag and drop anything from the
> > desktop or nautilus over the tabstrip object: Using gnome the desktop
> > freezes until you go to a tty and execute "killall -9 nautilus", then
> you
> > can drag and drop without any problem over the tabstrip until the
> project
> > is restarted.
> >
> > Don't hesitate to contact me if you  need further explanation about
> them.
> > Tested on Debian, gnome and using gambas2 1.9.90.
> > Regards.
>
> The first bug has been fixed in the last revision. It was an old Daniel's
> code
> that badly interacted with my own new code.
>
> As for the second bug, it seems that GtkNoteBook widget is a drag & drop
> destination by default, for apparently no reason. I disabled that, and so
> your bug should be fixed.

Thanks very much

But I think that the problem will remain if you set TabStrip.Drop property
> manually.

Don't care too much about that, but it's a bug anyway. My impression is that
the drag signal is launched in nautilus but it stays waiting forever, maybe
there's some broken mechanism in tabstrip D&D procedures. It's funny it
doesn't happen with other controls.

I noticed too that dropping from Firefox to a GTK+ Gambas application does
> not
> work correctly. For example, only the first character of the drop is got,
> no
> idea why.

I know, I know, but that seems to be a firefox bug, not a gambas bug.
On the other hand, did you see my message about the lost events in the
button (and togglebutton) control? I told you about MouseUp & MouseDown, but
later I checked Menu event is also lost.

Cheers
José L.