[Gambas-devel] Virtual terminal emulation support in Gambas 1.0.x

Eugéne Suter easuter at ...176...
Thu May 3 22:01:09 CEST 2007

Hi there!

I'm working on an "su" frontend in Gambas (1.0.17), and so far have written
almost all the code except for the part that will run the "su -c" command.

The only problem I'm facing is that su won't run unless it thinks it is
running in a terminal. So this problem is easy to get past in Gambas2 (
1.9.47) by using the INPUT OUTPUT arguments after EXEC.
But Gambas1 gives a syntax error.

I'm aware that this is probably not the best place to post this message, but
I have had no luck on other forums and on the Gambas-users mailing list.

So all I need to know is: _is virtual terminal emulation supported in Gambas
1.0.x or not_?

I can't move on until I know so....

Thanks for your time and patience.

Cheers,