[Gambas-devel] Perfomance differences between gb.gtk and gb.qt components

ron ronstk at ...124...
Mon Dec 3 17:01:37 CET 2007

On Monday 03 December 2007 12:51, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> 3) Apparently, when a lot of X11 paint events or resize events are received,
> QT compress them, but not GTK+. Or it does it in a different way. You notice
> that when resizing a form: gb.gtk tries to react at each resize event, not

Special this resize behaviour was seen by me with wine in the past.
It's now much better with latest wine but still present.
Same problem is I think for Firefox with KDE desktop.

> gb.qt.

 (celeron 2.2Ghz)

On Monday 03 December 2007 12:51, José Luis Redrejo wrote:
> slowness vs qt speed. Whenever I start qt applications from a Gnome desktop
> qt (and specially kde) apps need a long time to start. If you're a kde user
> you'll notice the same with gtk applications. It's not a question of which
> platform is fastest, it's a question of merging them.

Then I have to wait for a KDE version of wine and Firefox :) :) :)

Ron