[Gambas-devel] Debug enhancing (01-43) with source files and diff-files

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Sep 29 18:54:21 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 27 September 2006 22:25, Charlie Reinl wrote:
> Salut Benoît,
>
> I started to enhancing debug, starting at DebugInfo, there '#' and '?'
> are used. You tell me to use them now in a diffent way. Thats possible,
> by string analysing.
> Or dit I mis something ?
> The 'nothing' returned if it is not an object get the programm out of
> his way. The Epxr seams to rest after, and the value/values are the new
> one. So better it gets a return, which is andled at debug_read.

Sorry, but I understand nothing. Please try to rewrite it in a better english!

The '#' command will tell you if an expression is a container of other values.
Just run it first on any expression that must be displayed by the IDE
debugger. Then you know if you have to just display the value, or the entire
contents.

> For the border-less window, I don't like windows (Yes ok) where dates
> shown and I can't resize them.

OK.

> Why 'o' don't exists anymore ?

It should be useless now. You can use 'ME' if you want to display the current
object.