[Gambas-devel] Interested and working

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Sep 28 23:38:11 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 27 September 2006 03:05, chintan rao wrote:
> >Hi,
> >I have no news from you, but I suppose you continue being interested in
>
> Gambas.
> Hi,
> I am insterested and working. I will work fulltime after our exams are
> over. We are working as a part of "open forum" team in our college .
> I and some others have chosen to work on gambas. There others who chose to
> work on ecllipse
> Actually this is my first open source project.
>
> I have gone through the atleast "gbc.c".  In the road map , you have given
> that conditional compilation
> is incomplete.(#IF,#ELSE etc). For that i think one more feature like
> #define must be added.
> Should we add some thing like a preprocessor or include this conditional
> compilation as a part compiler code?

I never really think about this feature. I think the a preprocessor so=hould
be included inside the compiler, just after or during the tokenization of the
source code.

Note that at the moment, I found no need for a preprocessor in Gambas. Maybe
this should be asked first on the mailing-list.

> >If you have C/C++ skills, there is a simple component that could be cool
> > to develop: a component based of the getopt() function of the GNU
> > library, to automatically analyze the command-line options. We could name
> > it 'gb.option
>
> '.
>
> >Regards,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion . I will surely look into the code. Do you mean
> check for lack or invalid of argvs etcs?.
> I will try to do that.
>
> Yours sincerely,
> Chintan Rao H

I mean using the getopt_long() GNU function of the libc so that the Gambas
developer just have to specify a list of options, the component doing all the
work.