[Gambas-devel] New gb.gtk release

Daniel Campos dcamposf at ...176...
Tue Sep 19 11:48:31 CEST 2006

Hi:

New release of gb.gtk:

http://gambas.gnulinex.org/gtk/gb.gtk.060919.tar.bz2

For the latest gambas developement release. Put it in the gambas
sources instead of the current gb.gtk folder, enter in that folder and
do ./reconf. Then configure, make and install it again.

-> Fixed an error with buttons contained in any container except
windows that made the program hang.
-> Now "Separator" widget is drawn by hand, following the GTK+ style.
Now mouse events are implemented for that widget.
-> "DrawingArea" container fully implemented.
-> "ScrollView" arrangement fixed, hidden widgets are not taken in
account anymore.
-> Embed forms now raise the "Resize", "Open" and "Show" events.
-> Internal changes in the widget deletion management
-> Internal changes in the Picture management for widgets that improve
speed and save memory.
-> Some other little fixes everywhere
-> Form and Window implements the "Stacking" and "Sticky" properties
-> ComboBox implements the "PopUp" method

The "AnalogWatch" and  "Chart" gambas examples are working OK for the
first time.

Apart from this I'm working  in the Cairo vectorial component. Here's
an example of a "desklet" written in Gambas thanks to the new form
properties and the Cairo vectorial drawing. Note the translucent
objects inside, and the real transparence in the rounded form (the
icons are shown below):

http://gambas.gnulinex.org/cairo/0003.ogg

(Ogg 1Mb video, no source code yet as I'm working on the cairo interface)

Daniel