[Gambas-devel] [Gambas-user] Gambas 1.9.44+ IDE and CVS

Christopher Brian Jack brian at ...418...
Sat Oct 28 14:10:09 CEST 2006

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006, Benoit Minisini wrote:

> On Saturday 28 October 2006 00:53, Christopher Brian Jack wrote:
> > On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Christopher Brian Jack wrote:
> >
> > Currently the IDE does some CVS directory bashing under .gambas when
> > compiling projects to run the code.  At the minimum it would be nice to
> > have the IDE detect these diredctories and not to delete them.

> You are right, but actually files under .gambas should not go in the CVS
> repository, as they are generated.

Indeed.  The contents of .gambas are most likely a .cvsignore candidate
but the directory stub must to be created or the project will not load in
the IDE.

I also discovered it is good to keep .directory and contents though in the
event that the project's directory icon is altered.  The IDE won't edit it
but you can use a program like the GIMP to change the directory icon in
.directory

|  Christopher BRIAN Jack aka "Gau of the Veldt"  |
| oevna at ...530...
Hi Spambots, my email address is sputnik at ...418...
Hi Humans, my email address uses rot13 cipher