[Gambas-devel] Debug-enhancments (svn Revision 109)

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Oct 18 23:14:55 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 18 October 2006 22:51, Charlie Reinl wrote:
> Salut Benoît,
>
> after your latest changes in debug, I made my changes and work with the
> new '#' command and Eval.
>
> First to say, using it finish by an #11.
>
> a DblClick on an variable which is not an object I open a baloon,
> if it is an object I open a form (FDebugExpr) and show the members and
> their values.
>
> If there are more then 50 members, you can STOP the process ( and
> continue).
>
> If in the FDebugExpr you DblClicked a value, a baloon is shown, on an
> object the contens of the FDebugExpr - grid changes.
>
> The last object is saved in an Combobox,so you can go back.
> Actually not all object work, so if I call Form1.Button1.Window, it crashes
> at .Children and it is not an Eval problem.
>
> Eval made me problems while dead-loops often, mostly and/or earlier when
> stepping with F8 (made a bad hack, stopping after 2000 loops).
>
> I stop my development, because the design.command returns are not stable.
>
> Your turn now.
>
> Can send you my changes made on Revision 109, the diff or the files or the
> whole IDE and my testing-project, if you want.
>
> Amicalment
> Charlie

Can you give me some examples of expressions that:
* Crash
* Have other problems. (Your sentences are very hard to understand, but I
understood that there are problems different from a crash).

Otherwise, do you want a svn access? I can give you, if you promise me that
you won't break everything in the IDE. ;-)