[Gambas-devel] ./reconf and/or ./reconf_all on svn

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Nov 18 23:37:05 CET 2006

On Saturday 18 November 2006 23:22, Charlie Reinl wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 18.11.2006, 20:24 +0100 schrieb Benoit Minisini:
> > On Saturday 18 November 2006 20:14, Charlie Reinl wrote:
> > > Salut,
> > >
> > > while having problems on my box, I remarked, that ./reconf
> > > and/or ./reconf_all on svn seams not working correctly.
> > >
> > > When I started with svn first, I used an old script to
> > > make ./configure,make and make install.
> > > In the script which called ./configure there was kde_disabled .
> > > After I made a new script and I stripped the kde_disabled ,
> > > but now I found in the logfile, that kde are still disabled.
> > >
> > > For testing I made a ./configure to a freshly downloaded 46a and
> > > checked out the svn tree to a new directory and made a ./configure.
> > > Both log-files showed me that kde was found and used.
> > >
> > > Which file must be deleted to have gb.qt.kde compiled ?
> > >
> > > Amicalment
> > > Charlie
> >
> > You must do:
> > $ ./reconf-all
> > and then:
> > $ ./configure -C
> >
> > There is no file to delete for compiling anything. What are you talking
> > about?
>
> Salut Benoît,
>
> After
> $ svn update
> and
> $ ./reconf-all
> and
> $ ./configure -C
>
> I find that gb.qt.kde is not compiled, said 'while disabled'
>
> but I only make a $ ./configure -C
>
> A new greated/checkedout svn-directory on the same box made the
> gb.qt.kde
> A new downloaded 46a on the same box made also the gb.qt.kde
>
> So my question is how can I get back gb.qt.kde ,
> and I asked if there is a file which I have to delete, you said NO there
> a no files.
>
> But how can I get back gb.qt.kde
>
> Amicalement
> Charlie

If you do ./reconf-all && ./configure, you should have the same result as
checking out on a fresh directory.

So I don't understand why gb.qt.kde is not compiled in the first case, and is
compiled on the other cases.

I suggest you use 'diff' to find the difference between the gb.qt.kde
directory that does not compile and the gb.qt.kde directory that compiles...