[Gambas-devel] Gambas module for QT embedded and stack overflow error deleting objects

Silvan Calarco silvan.calarco at ...531...
Wed Nov 8 11:35:07 CET 2006

On Tuesday 07 November 2006 23:04, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > The Qt/embedded module support could be added
> > to mainstream Gambas but the scripts should be modified to make both Qt
> > and Qte modules from the same sources, that's a thing I haven't done.
>
> I will do that.
>
> In the future, I should find a way to automatically select between gb.qt or
> gb.qte. If you have an idea of how to detect which one should be used...

mmm... I think packagers would like to be able to build at the same time both
gb.qt and gb.qte (./configure --enable-qt --enable-qte ... ) so in the
sources tree I would create a gb.qte dir and copy the gb.qt/src dir to
gb.qte/src during configure or better symlink all the common sources so the
packager won't be misled by the src dir being recreated/overwritten.

> And if you can search if there is a way to replace some functions when
> there is no equivalent to the Qt function or X11 function. For example, we
> can't return 0 for Desktop.Resolution, so what should be returned?

A look at qt-embedded sources shows that 72 or 75 values are assumed to
generate fonts. I think 72 dpi is related to printing so I would assume a
value of 75 for display resolution.

> > The test results in framebuffer environment are conforting but I'm
> > currently having a stack overflow issue when Deleting graphical objects.
> > The following code associated to a button:
> [...]
> Your code is right. It seems that there is a stack leak when a widget is
> destroyed. I will investigate...

Ok, thanks a lot!

Silvan

--