[Gambas-devel] About Gambas components

fabien Bodard arcalis.prod at ...4...
Sat May 6 22:58:28 CEST 2006

Hi,

This a purpose about the gambas compenent localisation.

I think it will be interesting and usefull to have the possibility to the
interpreter to use components contained in a userspace folder
like /home/user/.gambas/libs for exemple. This way programs can have
components flexibilities but not the need to be installed in root. This way i
can debug gambas components more easily. I think maybe this component need to
have a spécific implementation in the userspace naming.. Because of the risk
to have double in names. So for user components mabe the usin of a new
userspacekey will be usefull... or better the need of use of the libname.

This way beginners can make there own components, but not implements them in
the project tree if a component is good and usefull then it can be
implemented in it.

MyLibName.Class.Property

I now this is more long to type but ... in a short time we will have problem
with classes names.

Regards,
Fabien Bodard