[Gambas-devel] Gambas Question

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Thu Mar 30 05:15:54 CEST 2006

On Wed March 29 2006 15:06, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> 4) You can use the Tag property. In Gambas, the Tag can be
> what you want, not just a string.

However, if you're setting it through the properties dialog it
must be a string, right?

> I can't tell you precisely, as I don't know what you do
> exactly.

Well, he said control arrays "made it easy to loop through the
controls setting or clearing values."  So he wants to iterate
through the controls programmatically, meaning the Object[]
approach is probably closest to what he wants to do (unless he
wants to do it to every control on a form or other container, in
which case your solution #3 would be it.)

What throws VB users off is that in VB, you could put controls
into arrays right in the form editor, in the properties dialog.
In Gambas you do have to do it manually through code.  I
addressed this in my VB form converter by changing MyControl[1]
to MyControl_1 or something like that, and generating code in
Form_Open to add them to an Object[] called MyControl.

Rob