[Gambas-devel] Gambas Question

Scott, Vince Vince.Scott at ...440...
Wed Mar 29 20:02:29 CEST 2006

In VB I could use Control arrays which made it easy to loop through the controls setting or clearing values. VB.net has done away with them, RealBasic doesn't use them and Gambas doesn't support them either. I find this odd as I found control array to be an awesome part of VB and used them all the time. Is there some underlying reason they are not being used??

In Gambas is there away to cycle through a group of controls??

For example in VB I could do this with a control:

   For X = 0 to Count

       txtMyTextBox(X).Text = X

   Next

Is this the only choice I have now:??

   txtMyTextBox1.Text = 0
   txtMyTextBox2.Text = 1
   txtMyTextBox3.Text = 2

Thanks,
Vince

This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, (i) please do not read or disclose to others, (ii) please notify the sender by reply mail, and (iii) please delete this communication from your system.  Failure to follow this process may be unlawful.  Thank you for your cooperation.