[Gambas-devel] Visa phishing attempt was Re: Compiling Gambas 1.9.26

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...19...
Thu Mar 23 07:10:24 CET 2006

On Thu March 23 2006 00:36, Bertrand-Xavier M. wrote:
> I wonder who can launch such a world-wide phishing attack like
> this. Yesterday Microsoft declared war to phishing, while
> vista blabla... By the way the server *cough* 140.121.100.31
> is "National Taiwan Ocean University", located in Asia, but
> founded by another country...

Most phishing scams use hosts based in Asia for whatever reason,
I assume due to difficulty or slowness in tracking down
perpetrators who work in those countries.

Rob