[Gambas-devel] Build a Component

ron ronstk at ...124...
Fri Mar 17 19:52:26 CET 2006

On Friday 17 March 2006 18:48, Scott, Vince wrote:
> I've download 1.9.26. I get this when I run make "cc1: error: unrecognized option `-fvisibility=hidden'" I'm using gcc version 3.3.5. Any ideas?
>
> Vince

The most simple and quick&dirty solution is
in acinclude.m4 at line 194 and 195 remove the '-fvisibility=hidden' (was told to me by Benoit)

Then in the 27 subdirectories (use a text finder) in the configure around line 4500 the same remove.
That was what I found also.

I did it for suse 9.2 and it compiled, it is hard to clean up this way but did it for me.
Else you have to install gcc_4.0.1.

Or wait for 1.9.27

Ron