[Gambas-devel] Build a Component

Vince Scott vince.scott at ...162...
Mon Mar 13 15:38:04 CET 2006

Hello,

I am trying to build a simple component. I have read all the documentation
and studied some of the libraries that exist. For me there are some holes in
the documentation trying to put the whole thing together. I have
successfully created a component with just a main.c that does nothing. I can
see it in the Gambas property window. My question is...Is there some other
documentation that maybe fills in the holes and does a simple hello world or
something along that line. Basically starting out I would like to just make
a call to a 'C' function from within a Gambas program and have it return a
value. What I am wanting to do is build some components around our company's
business logic to where a developer could just place the component on their
form and make calls to it.

I have been a VB program for years and have found building apps in Gambas to
be quite simple and they work. Although it has been a while since I written
any C code and I may be a little rusty, I do understand the language. My
biggest learn curve is the Linux/Unix world. Wow things are way different on
that side! I want to understand Gambas on a large scale and be able to build
components both with and without GUI. So any help or direction would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vince