[Gambas-devel] New gambas MDI Component.

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...176...
Wed Jun 28 14:37:38 CEST 2006

2006/6/28, Ron Onstenk <ronstk at ...124...>:
> On Wednesday 28 June 2006 00:18, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> > (Hey Ron!, i've done some change on your code... special windows like
> Forms
> > can't be resized so i deasable the menu tile_window if one of then are
> this
> > type and forget the resizing in cascade.)
> >

> For mnuCascade_Click()
> I see you changed $aWindows in svWS.Children
yes to maintain the upper windows on the top
> When I lookup in the .Add I see you do
>   hForm = NEW FChildform(svWS, hWin, bResizable) AS "ChildForm"
>   $aWindow.Add(hForm)
>
> Then the are the same? Assume FOR EACH looks nicer.
yes :)
> My reason to change the width/height is to get the intinutive bottom-right
Yes i understand.. and i've bloked resizing only on special forms
> corner
> in the WS to be able to resize it if outside the visible WS space.
But if it is a form ?
> For mnuTile_Click()
> You say Forms can't be resized. I think that not true.
> They SHOULD not resized because the layout is f**ked-up
> Anyway a major fault of my side i did this. :(

yes it's that you're true :)

> I hope you like my new correction/changes
> In FChildform I add a property
> In FWorkSpace I add comments in Add(....) why the property is done.
> Re-enabled the resize of the hWin/FChildform in mnuTile and mnuCascade.
> Changed the xw declaration to FChildform, the correct one.
> Used the new property to prevent the Form editors to resize.
> Update to the dimensions in mnuTile (Taskbar forgotten).
> Changed the for next with ix and iy to for each
> (nicer to have the same For next in both)
> Commented in Watch_Close the mnuTile.Enable.
>
> Works here now as I wanted and you started to create. :)
>
> One point.
> If I use the ctrl-x or ctrl-c and use ctrl-v to cut&paste it, the paste,
> can happens in the wrong editor (FChildform).
> Using the RMB menu for cut&paste is OK.
hum ... i need to activate the form !
by setfocus or .activate

> I have this problem also found in the original gb.form.mdi and reported.
> It looks now more persistent to occur. Not sure if that is true.

yes it's the pseudo activate event not already done in Watcher.

But Gambas is really great now, i was not imagine that there is 2
year... with my first trying of making gimp like toolboxes
But oups i've talking about the near future ...; Never do that !

Thanks !

Regards,
Fabien