[Gambas-devel] gb.form.mda-0.2.tar.gz

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...124...
Sun Jul 30 15:37:44 CEST 2006

On Sunday 30 July 2006 13:50, you wrote:
> Ron Onstenk wrote:
> > On Sunday 30 July 2006 10:41, you wrote:
> >

> >> I have now compiled my new version and it do have the mda component. But
> >>
> >> it is still no windowed child forms.
> >> They do just the same as the mdi component.
> >>

> > 1) Did you made a the new gambas2 as separate map?
> > 2) open the extra copy from 1
> > 3) in the menubar goto project and select 'properties'
> > 4) goto tab 'Components'
> > 5) deselect gb.form.mdi and select gb.form.mda <------ importand
> > 6) make executable
> > 7) run the new created. This one should have it.
> >
> > In the upperleft corner of the editor child the menu must
> > have a list of:
> >
> >   All windows
> > ^ Maximize
> > o Restore
> > v Minimize
> > ------------
> > x Close
> >
> > I did it as the story on the maillist and here it did work.
> >
> > Ron
> Hi Ron.
>
> I have only one copy of gambas. Yes I have done the switch from mdi to
> mda. Have a look at the screen dump.
> The only difference I can see is on the "mdi" form it do have a scroll
> at the bottom, and it should not be there.
>
> The form are showing as maximized.

I'm afraid you did misunderstood the .mda story.

The reason for .mda is the way the IDE of gambas has the workspace
for the coding part.
Fabian did not like it the way it is now with maximized editors.
That is also for me, I would like to see the class(A) with declarations
and comments aside of the class(B) I'm working on and use class(A).

This workarea is the 'WorkSpace' in gb.form.mdi and .mda file.
However this 'WorkSpace' with the intention as general purpose is
internal a bit made for the IDE for behaviour and interfacing.
The version Fabian made is also with the eyes to the IDE.

Why I'm involved with it is I did/do like the result of Fabians as-is now.
However I found a few small things in the previous version not logic to
me for the 'Tile' and 'Cascade' methods.
I did rework on that and send it back to Fabian for review.

He was surprised to find a addition from me where he did not realise
the intention of the workspace as 'general user control' and I did
the addition with eyes to general user control too.

My point in supporting Fabian was to make it also more the UC then
a IDE workspace as where it is used in first place.

On the url given to you you can see a snapshot of the WorkSpace used
in the IDE. Here I'm use it already internal in the IDE.
On the same url you can find 'mda-snap3.jpg' now that show you
a amount of 13 windows (auto generated in test form).
You can see on the bottom there are 2 small lines for the last 2 windows.
I'm reworking the algorithm for the 'Tile' matrix.

When I'm right is what you want exactly is the 'general user control'
as seen in your screenshot.
If this is true then I belive it is now more or less useless for you.

Without the source of that form it is hard to evaluate what is wrong.

Ron

PS
Because this is more a developer case I think it best
to continue in gambas-devel at lists.sourceforge.net