[Gambas-devel] The new editor

Fabien Bodard sirfabien at ...176...
Thu Jul 20 10:54:11 CEST 2006

Le Jeudi 20 Juillet 2006 04:20, Ron Onstenk a écrit :
> I want to tell my experience with the new editor.
>
> 1) Selecting text in the editor
>   When I go to the firstline column 0 and drag the mouse DOWN
>   for the lines to mark, the marked text is highlighted.
>   Sometimes the marked highlight disappears NOT on mouse up.
>
>   When I go to the lastlineline column 0 and drag the mouse UP
>   for the lines to mark, the marked text is highlighted.
>   Sometimes the marked highlight disappears STAY on mouse up.
>
>   For me the safe way is drag mouse UP but by instinct you do DOWN.
>   (upto .32 I had it, .33 cant say for 100% by using it to short)
>
> 2) Double click on a word highlighted the word in the past.
>   example text:
>   Public Sub TextBox1_Click()
>
>   In the past double click on the character B did highlight 'TextBox1'
>   and on character i highlight 'Click'
>   Now it does not matter wich character i use, 'TextBox1_Click' is
> highlighted. Why this click? Well I want to use Find to see howmany times
> 'TextBox1' and where it is used to determine it makes sense to replace by
> more correct name and how much will change if done.
>   I have to strip _Click
>
> 3) The completion.
>   It is to aggressive for me.
>   Also it tries to many times to help me by being smart and complete the
>   word with more then is good.
>
>   i.e. the name he looks up is 'pri'
>   I have a variable/function printdata
>   after 'pri' the 'printdata' comes up but not 'print'
>   Now I have two way to continue.
>   Click on 'printdata' and backspace to 'print', add a dot . and the
> property Size I want. The completion makes 'printdata.Size'
>   Or I stay type 'i' 'n' 't' and '.'  going on with 'S' and completion
> shows 'Size' accepting this and get?
>   yes again 'printdata.Size'
>   Is here priority for user declared names and then forget the component
> names at all? Also seen doubles with _Dim Varia as string_ and
> _varia="pipo"_
>

> Ron

I want to add some little things...

Where is the drag and drop on text ? there is alway some problem on
copy/paste...

Nevertheless it's a nears perfect editor ;)

I'm agree with ron for autocompletion ... the space key (and "(" and "[") need
to replace the word only if the nocasesensitive text  is = to a word in the
list  in other case it will not be replaced.

For exemple... if i wrote Lasty it replace by LAST.... i need to press esc a
the good time... no really usefull !

Regards,
Fabien