[Gambas-devel] Stock class

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Jul 19 23:37:13 CEST 2006

Sorry guys, I can't use the mailing-lists at the moment as my IP SMTP server
was black-listed!

I plan to implement the Stock class in another way as it is currently, so that
it is as transparent as possible for the user:

* PictureStock[Name, Size] must returns a picture according to a standardized
name. A size can be specified.

The standardized name could be "type/name.png".

If the specified icon does not exist in the requested size, then an icon in
another size scaled to the requested size must be returned.

* PictureStock.All must return the names of all stock pictures.

* PictureStock.Sizes must return a list of supported sizes.

* PictureStock.Enabled to know if the stock is accessible.

* PictureStock could be implemented in Gambas. The same code can be used by
gb.qt and gb.gtk, like for the Action class.

* The user do not have to use the Stock class directly. The Picture class will
call the Stock class automatically when the picture path begins with
".stock/image".

The idea behind that is that a stock should be able to store anything. As
there is already a resource system in Gambas, by the use of relative paths,
and that you cannot use hidden names in the IDE, then we could use them to
reference "stock" resources that are not really stored in the project.

Then I just have to add a tab to the icon file dialog in the IDE to allow the
user using them.

The last problem is how can I detect KDE icon paths in the QT component? Even
if GTK+ has stock icons, GNOME seams to have more, I have the same question
for it!