[Gambas-devel] Database driver update in 1.9.23

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Jan 14 08:13:25 CET 2006

On Saturday 14 January 2006 01:20, Daniel wrote:

> yes clear now
> but i have now a error "type mismatch: wanted string. got blob instead"
> when i want to fill a tableview
> and if i use a command look like this
> result = con1.Exec("select * from mytable")
>   result.MoveLast()
>   PRINT result!my_blob.data
> it's ok the blob is printed (blob_read and blob_unquote is called)
>
> daniel

The value of a Blob field is a Blob object. I did that because:

- It seems that the Blob thing is something that is not standardized (again).
So they are managed differently between all database systems.

- I wanted to allow the user to store gambas object in Blob fields
transparently in the future.

But now I realized that maybe I can make Blob field return a string directly.
I will see... :-)