[Gambas-devel] Database driver update in 1.9.23

nigel at ...2... nigel at ...2...
Mon Jan 2 20:52:17 CET 2006

Benoit wrote:

> Here is more explanations about the database driver update of 1.9.23:

> (4) A special comment for Nigel :-)
>
> SQLite driver dataset C++ function is a mess. The guy who wrote it did a very
> bad C++ job.
>
> At the moment, I had to hack them to support blobs. But when you read a blob
> field, its contents are copied three times by this API before raising the
> Gambas user variables!
>
> I think all that *@#! must be destroyed, and that I should make an emulation
> of direct-access result set in the database component for database backends
> that only support forward-only result set. It will benefits ODBC drivers that
> are in the same situation.

To be fare to the guy that wrote the SQLite dataset stuff, the version that I used
was written in 2002 and there is a later version that might be better. I have not had the
time to compare the differences...and try and reinsert the code that I altered. Perhaps it
now might be a wise thing to do.

Nigel